Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn – valued at over $1 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year on year since inception, and expanded globally in late 2020. We now service over 80,000 businesses and we will continue to grow rapidly in 2022 and beyond.
We believe in distributed employment and take a ‘Remote First’ approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the globe, assuming that candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
With a refreshed brand in place and a recent $1 billion unicorn valuation, we’re looking for a Design Lead to help continue the evolution and development of our brand visual language, crafting a strategic approach to all of our marketing content and beyond. Sitting within the Brand and Content team, you will be responsible for all things brand design as part of our internal creative agency.
Reporting to our Head of Brand and Content, the right candidate will have diverse experience across brand, strategy and design leadership – helping to craft campaigns, coach and develop a small team of designers across the Employment Hero house of brands, and shape our vision to change employment for good.
As part of this charge, you will lead a team of three designers, with exciting growth planned for the team.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
- Lead, coach and continually develop the Employment Hero design team, helping them to develop branded content for all marketing touchpoints, big and small.
- Effectively and efficiently give creative direction and feedback to internal and external teams to ensure the brand is maintained.
- Work with our brand and content marketers to develop and maintain our visual identity
- Enable non-designers within the business to create on-brand, clear and beautiful designs through template creation and internal design education streams
- Work with our Campaign Managers, Growth and Loyalty teams to create compelling content across multiple media formats, including our website, digital advertising, social media, downloadables, videos, animations, events and beyond.
- Operate like an internal agency, efficiently prioritising workload for stakeholders and leaning on external technical and design resources as required.
- Work with our media partners to understand best practice design across each of our channels.
- Create distinctive and compelling visuals, ensuring that we avoid fatigue with our audience and are continually developing and evolving the brand.
- Understand large-scale, cross-organisational workflows and projects and collaborate with all areas of the business.
- 7+ years experience designing across a wide range of media types.
- Proven design experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Expertise across the Adobe Suite, Figma and Canva.
- Willingness to take ownership.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A portfolio showcasing your skills in brand, marketing communication and design.
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it!)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia